FIDReC is an independent and impartial Alternative Dispute Resolution institution. It is the premier centre specialising in the resolution of financial disputes between consumers and financial institutions. We are adding to our leadership team and invite suitable candidates to apply for the position of Head of Banking and Investments, Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Lead and manage the banking and investments alternative dispute resolution team at FIDReC. This includes guiding, advising, and coaching a team of case managers/mediators.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines for the team so that they comply with FIDREC's targets and plans.
- Organise work for the team of case managers and ensure that they understand their duties and tasks.
- Monitor the team performance, provide constructive feedback and mentorship to the team, and report regularly to the CEO.
- Handle and mediate financial disputes, dealing directly with consumers and financial institutions on their disputes over the telephone, email, through face-to-face interviews and during mediation conferences.
- Seek to mediate a solution acceptable to both parties through mediation, and refer them to adjudication where parties are unable to settle.
- As part of the leadership team, participate in stakeholder meetings and engagement events as well as training and outreach activities.
- Support and assist the CEO in strategic decision-making and any special projects or initiatives to improve and enhance FIDReC’s services and processes.
- A good degree, preferably in law or banking and finance, from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of banking and investment products.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
- Possesses maturity, aptitude, skills, and experience for mediation and dealing with disputants.
- Has the competence, experience, and commitment to hold the position of supervisor and team leader. Must be able to work collaboratively or independently where appropriate.
- Possess at least 10 years of relevant working experience, with some years as supervisor.
- Competent in using Microsoft productivity tools and unafraid to innovate.
- Experience in a financial institution, law firm, or alternative dispute resolution organisation will be an advantage.
Salaries will be commensurate with the candidates' experience and qualification and are negotiable. Candidates are to state their expected salary in their resumes.
Candidates should submit their resume via email or post, stating their current and expected salary, to :-
The Human Resource Manager
Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd
36 Robinson Road